Quote Originally Posted by 3DPBuser View Post
So a PET printer needs a fairly high temp hbp, but not necessarily an enclosure?
The temp required is not outside the range of my typical RepRap printer (Makerfarm i3). Both my .4mm JHead and .5mm Magma (neither are exotic heads) print at 245C nicely. I don't think they will go to 260C or higher but they are fine for Pet+ @ 245C. As for warping, I've had some issues. It's hit and miss and long, thin objects warp for me. Long and thin parts are a challenge anyway but beware, Pet+ can warp. It may not be as bad as ABS, but it can warp in certain situations.

I don't have a full high-tech enclosure but I do have foamcor sheets (lined with space blanket film) that I've cut and set around the printer making a box to keep drafts out. I tried to print a part 5 times and it warped 1/2" off of the bed every time. Finally using 65C for the bed I was able to reduce it but never eliminate it. Now I add tabs to the corners to trim off later. I'm now getting perfectly flat and warp-free prints of the part.

Here is a photo of the part with the tabs. I originally made them long enough so I could put clamps on them to further insure that they didn't' come up. But, @65C and using Aquanet as an adhesive, I'm getting good results. And, I haven't needed to clamp them down. The tabs are 2.5mm thick so they don't tear away from the part. I tried using a dozen rings of a skirt a few times but the part just pulled away from the skirt. These thicker tabs don't pull off.

Warp.jpg