Close

Student
    Add marksy95 on Thingiverse

Hollow Cylinder In-Fill Options

What might the best infill option be for a hollow cylinder? I've got mine set to triangle, which ends up with the printer head jumping all over randomly making a bunch of small in-fill lines between the inner and outer cylinder walls. Seems like there's got to be a better in-fill option to do this faster. Using Cura 5.6.

Hey how's it going? I've suffered the issue of the broken triangles not just in cylinders but in other "hollow" prints.

What infill percentage are you trying to achieve? For me the lower the infill percentage the worse the issue is. I don't usually have issues if I'm infilling above ~30% except on my Creality printer. I have to print denser infill on that machine. For large open prints that may need some strength I like Gyroid, even down in the 10% range, and Cubic at ~20% or more. I've played with the Adaptive Cubic and while I haven't had many failures with it I struggle to see much benefit from it either. It's supposed to be a substantial filament saver but I've used to try and avoid replacing partial rolls of filament, with mixed results.

I'm using Prusa Slicer for most of my prints.