Well, the best I could tell, it was coming back to the correct location. So as I was about to give up, I had a Eureka moment and decided to run the print again, still with the pause, but this time I did not actually change the filament... I just left the same filament in and resumed the print. All worked fine this time. I switched out the filament to the other color I was using and repeated the print without actually changing the filament and again it worked just fine. I thought about it for a minute and realized that I have 2 different brands of filament, so there must be something in the chemical makeup of the 2 different brands that doesn't play well with the other. I am considering my issued solved. My take from this will be to stick to the same brand of filament, at least for multi-color prints. Thanks for the help! Hopefully someone else can learn something from this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
Slowing the speed was a good idea. With all you've done, it leaves an inaccurate return to location. Examine the position of the z-axis screws at the point of the pause. Perhaps add a masking tape flag to the top or bottom of the z-screw to better see the location. When the printer pauses, it will be in one direction. When it resumes, is the location skewed?