Close

Thread: Built Printers

Hybrid View

Technician
    with a bit of experimenting (in the stores) I have found that the orange cellophane can block UV (from a uv led torch) with four layers atleast as effectively as the 'uv laser gogles' supplied with the peachy pp29 so it IS possible to create a clear plastic cabinet, line it with 4 layers of orange cellophane and have a UV resistant location. I hope to finish my printer build INCLUDING a perspex cabinet (with the cellophane lining) and might even post photos

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    with a bit of experimenting (in the stores) I have found that the orange cellophane can block UV (from a uv led torch) with four layers atleast as effectively as the 'uv laser gogles' supplied with the peachy pp29 so it IS possible to create a clear plastic cabinet, line it with 4 layers of orange cellophane and have a UV resistant location. I hope to finish my printer build INCLUDING a perspex cabinet (with the cellophane lining) and might even post photos
    for a clean look, go to a store that sells window tinting supplies and get ahold of some of the tinting adhesive (you may even be able to find UV tint for sale)