Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    tell me about it.
    postal costs to the states have trebled in the last 18 months.
    And from what I have seen - it's gone up by even more to send something from the states to the uk.

If i end up doing it I'll send you some of the money :-)
    Can't say fairer than that.

But look into the postage properly before you decide to send it.
    And bear in mind that what you declare on the customs label can also make a lot of difference.

From the USA: a commercial package valued over $10 will incrue 20% vat plus a £10 processing charge (might have gone up since i last had someone daft enough not to listen to me).
    A package listed as 'gift' has the vat and charge kick in at $20 value.

If you were to send one or two models with tracking - I reckon you'd be looking at a minimum of $60-100.
    I got a small package (about 300gms weight) from the states 2 years ago - that cost over $60. And that was pre-pandemic when it was still relatively cheap.

It's always been stupidly expensive to ship from the states to the uk.
    I dropped out of a couple of gift exchanges on forums because I just couldn't justify what the poor sods were paying in postage, kind of spoiled the whole thing when you saw the postage cost and just felt guilty. .

The usa is currently the most expensive place to send parcels from or to that I know of.

Canada and australia - are both about 30% cheaper for me to ship too.
    As I've done all three recently :-)

It's crippled my international market in moulds.

So I haven't offered to print the models in any way to spite you - just to try and save the chap some money :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-11-2022 at 07:30 AM.