Close

Looking for a 3D printer that prints up to 10"

Hello All,

I'm a total beginner at 3D printing. The sole perpose why I'm getting into this hobby is to print ipad frames that will fit in a 10x10" album. That way I can put an ipad to display a video while the album would display the images.

I see that most printers are less than 10" Is there a way to composite a Print to make it 10"

Also when it comes to the design, is there a database where I can download or buy a template for an ipad frame that would be slim enough to put as a page cover inside a wedding album?

Lastly, Is there a way I can oursource this altogether and just pay for the product or is it cheaper to buy a 3D printer and printed as needed?

Any advise would greatly be appreceiated.

Staff Engineer
    If you are going to be making/using a large number of these iPad frames, it is going to be less expensive to buy a printer and print your own. Farming out to a service is pricey.

10" is approximately 250 mm and you should be able to find any number of printers capable of generating such dimensions. It is also possible to create joints and segment the parts to fit on a smaller bed.

Your question about a frame slim enough to put inside a wedding album is dependent on the iPad, isn't it?

I'm anticipating on using the Ipad Mini and if I can fit an ipad 10" on a 10x10" album, I would use that as well. But most likely the ipad mini. I plan to incoporate this to all of my clients. So I'm anticipating that it may be easier to buy the equipment.
    Last edited by jesusq; 12-16-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Do you have a specific budget in mind for purchasing the printer? Also, do you have some details regarding the shape and design of the frame? I just hopped over to Thingiverse and there's a ton of iPad Mini cases, which are effectively frames for the iPad. If you know what model iPad Mini you intend to use, you should be able to find a downloadable file to make.

How many of these do you expect to require? If it's not hundreds, I might be able to assist in printing as I don't charge service-level rates. It's more of a hobby for me and priced appropriately.