Quote Originally Posted by Compro01 View Post
This is a 2004 vintage heatsink. The manufacturer doesn't even list it on their site anymore, not even in the "archive" section. It predates aliexpress and the manufacturer never made a retention module for it for anything more recent than the LGA775.

To get an appropriate retention module for this would require designing it yourself from scratch.
I dont think vintage is quiet the appropriate term, to me it conjueres images of wooden typewritters and steam engines. This heatsink is from the days when cpu's had just as much TDP as today, maybe more, and it was one of the best. IIRC it was the best just before they started standing them up and getting slightly better cooling numbers from that (though not cooling the VRM's and RAM as well. IMO cooling down with the CPU fan and having an exhaust fan spinning slowly nearby is the best of both worlds. Otherwise you're trying the wind tunnel method...

I just want a bracket/retention mechanism so it can enter service life again and I dont feel like I need to drop $80~ on a noctua.

So.. Did I come to the right place? Is this the sort of thing people here are interested in or do?