Ya I only learned the very basics in autodesk and when I try others like even tinkercad I have difficulty finding my way around and find it just easier to use the 123d design. I need to start playing with others until I find one I like or watch some youtube tutorials or something.

Speaking of Youtube. I found this video from 12/2016 I made of my then new home made 3d printer with optical X and Y endstops. I know it is weird to see with a mechanical Z endstop switch. I wouldn't do that today..

My Home Made 3D Printer - YouTube

It is those optical endstops that I am installing on this printer. I always liked them and for me they are unique to my home made printer so that is what I want to do here. So on the backside of the extruder I have mounted an optical sensor for the X min endstop and mounted a flag to the end of the gantry so it will trigger the sensor right as the nozzle hits the edge of that Creality Ultrabase..

And for Y there will be no min endstop. Just one at the max position at the rear of the frame..

And for anybody that watched the first video this one is just 2 months later in 2/2017 and I had already got rid of that Z microswitch and was playing with ABL..

Auto bed leveling - YouTube