Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
Ya I learned that lesson on way out calibrations. I always change them settings just up front just so I can get through a PID autotune without errors or taking forever. That is good advice, thou. However I could really use a hand with getting a slicer up and going. I believe I am ready for my first print but have nothing to slice with. I have S3D but have not seen it to be friendly to the multi material printing.

I am trying to configure Prusa Slicer but I do not see where I can set different temps for each extruder. And I have absolutely no idea what start, end, or toolchange gcode should look like for the IDEX. Or if I even need any of that. I think I do. I mean one carriage has to home before the other comes out to play and it needs to home before the first comes back out. Marlin doesn't handle all that by itself does it?

I need Spegelius. Where is that multi material genius. He will surely know how to configure what slicer for this.
Can't help with Cura. Haven't used it in ages, but under Prusaslicer, you:
Set the number of extruders under the printer settings -> general screen
Probably leave "single extruder multimaterial" off.
Use the custom Gcode section to park/clean/prep each extruder (Tool change Gcode). There's parameters to distinguish between the extruders.