Some readers here will recognize that I'm a proponent of the Prusa MK series. The kit is a joy to build, with documentation unparalleled in the world, supported by online resources to match. It's probably the most reliable printer I've ever used, in a public makerspace (public library) with wonderful flexibility in terms of material, mods and features.

The link you provided was interesting reading, confirming the 0.15 mm nozzle size, associated with a minimum 0.04 mm layer thickness. If I had to print that thin, I'd certainly pick a Prusa MKx on which to do it. The x/y resolution is going to be between 1.5 and 2.0 times the nozzle diameter. Even at the 2x level 0.30 mm resolution is pretty good. I've printed a key cap at 0.10 mm layer thickness, probably 1.5 mm x/y resolution. I never heard back from the recipient regarding his satisfaction, nor regarding durability.

ABS sands to a high sheen, fairly reflective as does PLA but one must be careful to not overheat the PLA. Wet sanding addresses that problem, of course. Micromesh is an amazing (and pricey) tool for that task. When it contacts one's thumbnail in the process, you have polished nails to match your local salon, although only one.

For your selection of printing types, SLS is going to be farmed out, unless you want to invest mid-four-figures. I'm hoping to purchase a Prusa MK3 of my own in the not-so-near future, as I don't have a workspace on which to place it just yet. My current foray is in the world of MSLA, which is a bit more challenging than filament stuff. FDM is brand specific (Stratasys), while FFF is generic. Kleenex versus facial tissue. https://www.3dprintingspot.com/post/...-fdm-explained -Semantics.-

A few types of filament and resins are nicely translucent and would perform as you suggest for internal lighting. The trick would be getting the debossed section open to the underside, which would create a non-manifold object impossible to print. Post-processing with removal tools may be the only option for that sort of result. Maybe add the translucent fill with a good adhesive or resin, cure it, then carve away the light-blocking portions.