It might have been a simple miscommunication because I'm ALWAYS thinking about pizza. :-)

Thanks for that info. I'll see about tracking down that software download.

I came across this youtube video that is only a month old and covers the exact version of the printer that I have. She was even missing the same parts that I was missing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbYVlajSF50

The reason I was asking about accessing the settings is because, in the video, she's making a number of changes to the settings to improve performance and so that the 3D Touch will work. If her setup is like mine, then mine isn't set up correctly either. BUT, just to be safe, I'm going to make copies of everything before I start adjusting things. BUT, first things first. I finished reconnecting the wiring last night, so today I'm going to check to see if I at least got rid of the error message that got me started down this path in the first place.

In the 2nd video about the printer, they recommend switching out the firmware for something called Marlin, which apparently fixed some problems in the original firmware. I've seen the name mentioned but otherwise not familiar with it. Not now, because right now I just want to see if I can get this thing doing something, but once I get some basic operations going, is a switch to Marlin a good idea?

Once again, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Ron