Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by regpye View Post
    I have made a change to a line and now it is working pretty good.
    // Keep this one. But delete the rest after it
    do_blocking_move_relative( 0, 0, 5.0); // <---<<< for RegPye do_blocking_move_relative( 0, 0, 20.0);
    Yeah... 20mm is excessive. But I didn't want to scrape the nozzle against the bed!

The main problem now is not the coding, but the machine. There is too much flex on the right hand side of the bed plate.
    Did you actually get M48 numbers for both sides of the bed? You should see any flex show up as a bigger Standard Deviation of error in the measurements. On this kind of stuff, I like to have measurements before and after so I know if what I changed actually improved things. And if so... By how much.

The nozzle is traveling on the X axis. The left hand side is fully supported by the bearings that are too close together and they need to be spaced further apart so that the floating end of the bed is supported. This is causing flex when doing the probing and although it doesn't seem to flex much, it will show up in the calculations. I guess I will need to design and build another one. Should be able to use the code as it is now, working well. Thanks for all your hard work.
    OK. Understood! Also, consider what happens if you print something heavy on that side of the bed. It will start warping just because the bed is being pushed down by the weight of the object being printed.
    Last edited by Roxy; 05-14-2014 at 07:32 AM.