In paper graphical printers the USB cable has always served primarily as a means of transferring the print data from desktop or laptop to the printer. My Voxel and TL-D3 pro came with such cables but in the case of the voxel I didn't care because the wifi functionality worked great and in the case of the tenlog TL-D3 Pro there was no documentation concerning the usb cable at all apart from its inclusion in the parts list. Today I decided I would see if it would save some time with the slicer tweaks to use the wire. Since I had no documentation I powered down the printer and plugged it into the PC. immediately the printer powered itself on and the LCD display lit up with a static display of vertical randomly colored lines- a crash of some sort and the power button became unresponsive. I had to unplug the printer power cord and then unplug the USB cable and then replug in the power cable and re power on the 3d printer to regain functionality. Do 3d printers use their usb cables differently from how paper graphical printers use them? are they just for flashing roms on the mainboard or something?