I gotta say at this point that almost every material from every manufacturer will behave differently because even though it says PLA, PETG or ASA on the box, there isn’t just one PLA, one PETG or one ASA. Depending on manufacturer, the raw material, compositions and additives deviate and that will influence printability as well as performance and this is also why there are $10 PLAs as well as $50 PLAs on the market. Also the printer, print setting and environment changes properties.
that's probably the most relevant point of the entire blog.

the pet-g i have is actually creality own brand - so, yeah lol
But it's way too soft for any kind of practical useage where rigidity is important.

And apart from the sink strainer where pla really did not like boiling water poured over it regulary. My pla prints have always outperfoirmed both abs and the pet-g I have.
The pet-g sink strainer is working great - no obvious issues with the boiling water.

So for heat deflection - yep pet-g (although I have yet to try pet and boiling water).
But most other things. nah :-)
I even used flexible pla in the pond pump couplings.
After about 4 years of being nibbled and crapped on by fish - still look and function good as new.

I've shifted to tpu these days. simply because it's improved a lot over the last few years and it's cheap and while it isn't any stronger than the flexible pla - it IS elastic, so really difficult to deform even really thin parts.
And the stiffness is now where I like it.

The cnc kitchen test came out with pla being stiffest and strongest - so best for structural parts.
It doesn't like being hit with a hammer or boiled alive - but apart from that - better than the other two all round.

I've got a feeling I tried some asa a while back and it stank just like abs. Might give it another go.
110c is good enough for a hot water meat mould - don't ask lol
I must have some samples in here somewhere, I'll have a look through the 'tct free filament archives'.

But the interesting thing is that his printing temps are a lot higher than mine as well as his speeds being generally lower.
Well he doesn't mention speeds - but the preset prusa settings do tend to print really slow (by my standards).

pla at 215c - nope, all the pla I've tried that hot really doesn't like it.

So as previously mentioned - 3d printing is still as much an art as it is a science.
But pla is still best for structural parts.