Well I have found a place and space to try those closed loop drivers. As I am printing a lot of big things with this machine I am noticing that after going up and then back down 300mm or so the side with all the wires has a bit more weight and sits a little lower than the other side. A very slight amount but enough that I am making a correction in between each print. And that is just an untenable situation for me. I need my printers to be stable. Also while I have not measured I am pretty sure those skipped steps on one side of Z are gonna be reflected in my print's dimensions. So while tonight I am seeing how much I can crank that forward current without getting the stepper motors hot I think this is a great place to try them closed loop drivers with the displays that mount to the back of the stepper motors. I ordered a pair of assembled closed loop drivers with stepper motors just to be lazy about it. I got the newer v2.0 ones here: BIGTREETECH S42B V2.0 Closed Loop Driver Control Board 42 Stepper Moto – Biqu Equipment .

This should be a pretty quick upgrade except for running the wires from the motor to the driver. These closed loop drivers want 6 wires instead of 4. Also I got a smart filament sensor to work into the TronXY printer because I cant see how I am going to print anything 600mm tall with 1kg of filament.