Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
with the prints where you get an stl file with seperate parts. Most slicers will let you 'ungroup' them and turn them into seperate stl files that you can then print seperately.

@matt have a look at tenlog IDEX machines: https://www.amazon.com/TENLOG-Indepe...9704798&sr=8-3
you can use soluble supports in one extruder and anything you like in the other. Has 300c hotends for some of the more esoteric plastics.
And a build volume 300*300*350mm /11.8''x11.8''x13.8'' - over 4x the build volume of the voxel.
And just the best mechanical design i3 currently for sale.

Thank you!

So often I see reviewers commend a printer for a closed build volume that when I see a good printer with an open frame I wish I could put a concrete number or quality on the trade-offs that will entail. I can put up with noise and odor and am certainly willing to make my own enclosure if I can be absolutely certain doing so cannot compromise the quality of the print but I worry about print quality suffering. Is this really that noticeable in practice? Is it perhaps something that is only noticeable in taller (100+mm?) prints?

Would you say the superiority of the Tenlog is so much greater than the qidi- tech xpro that it would be difficult to defend the xpro unless there was absolutely no way to afford the difference? I can compare build volume but I struggle to compare print quality between this, the voxel, and the xpro based on published info and my single data point of printing with the voxel.

The tenlog is unfortunately almost 50% more expensive than was the Voxel, so if I trade in my voxel in order that I may end up with a much better value of a printer I may also end up with very irritated spouse. If it is superior to the voxel in every respect I may be able to smooth that over but more information will certainly help.