Thanks a bunch Kevin, great post! Particularly for that advice about facets. I actually tried to get a deliberately low facet value for the little handle but gave up and settled for that universal 100. All because I couldn't find the syntax to confine it to a single object. (Cheat Sheet doesn't show me how/where to use it.)

I intend to start using parameters. Didn't on that first design due more to impatience than ignorance ;-)

Simplify 3D looks good, but at $149 (about £108) I'll settle with Cura for now. Barely used the features of that yet!

Support! Did you see the discussion I had at
https://www.reddit.com/r/openscad/co...upport_option/
That taught me a lot, and with subsequent reading I now appreciate that even apparently trival designs are not so trivial ;-)

BTW, did you leave an unwanted curly bracket at the end of your code? Works fine without it. And it also triggered me to learn that I can do a 'collective' translate() by using curly brackets.

Finally, an associated query (which I've also added to that reddit thread): do you know how to ensure there's not even a tiny gap between a model's surface and the base?