Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    a 1080 ti ?
    And there's me thinking you'd - at the very least - be on a top end rtx and more likely one of the 30' series :-)

Although I have noticed that all the youtube video people all do their gaming on 4 or 8k screens.
    I honest;y don;t thin k we even have a 780p screen in the house, let alone 1080p and higher.

The tv is standard hd, the biggest monitor in my workshop is only a 21.5 cheapest I could find - not even sure if that actually 780p either.

I've been looking for a ryzen 5 3400g since november.
    What the hell has happened to the worlds supply of computer components ?
    Crap that would have been lucky to sell for £5 is now going for £100 - there are no mid to low end processors ANYWHERE, graphics cards are almost as bad.

It's not like supplies are low. There are no supplies. It's like everyone stopped making chips last april and nobody's bothered starting up again.

I'm literally - down to three old mini itx setups and an old am3 board - I can't build any new computers for clients for sensible money.
    And 95% of my builds are for normal everyday office systems.

The last system I built before christmas, I had to use a used chip and board - and things have gone steadily downhill since then.
    I lost track oif how often I stripped my own system for bits before christmas.

Anyway enough of my wingeing :-)

Show us some pics of ithe cubs all lit up !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-01-2021 at 09:14 AM.