Quote Originally Posted by atoff View Post
This would have been something I could have definitely seen on Kickstarter... but in the end, it's easily replicable.
I agree. This is a cool idea. But to try to market it and sell it is going to be difficult. And there is no 'barrier to entry' to keep the competition out of your space. And think about it... 3D Printers appeal to people that want to make stuff themselves. How much could you charge before somebody starts making .STL files to print your own filament dye kit?

Quote Originally Posted by atoff View Post
I was thinking the same thing earlier... something like a u-trap where the ink would sit in the trap, filament would enter, go through the ink, and come UP inked... there could be a small fan at the exit point to dry the ink before it reaches the extruder / hotend.
Agreed... Please consider this thought: If you made a U-Shaped ink well that the filament went down into and came back up... You have the problem with how much force the extruder can tug and pull on the filament. Right now, I don't see an alternative to having an extra motor to help with the pushing and pulling.