Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your responses to the thread. I don't have any gripes with STL files or slicing at all, but I know some new users to 3dprinting who are not as technically savvy as some and find this off putting having to slice files. Some packages (especially certain opensource ones) can be quite complex to newbies of 3dprinting. We are users at the very start of consumer 3dprinting, but having to download a file and then upload it into a package, to then slice and prepare for printing, before then having to send it to the printer can be quite a learning curve, especially for young children. I am a supporter of anything that makes 3dprinting easier so more people can experience this amazing technology and I am keen to find out people's views on this. Users ultimately want the easiest smoothest experience when using technology, for a small design from downloaded from thingiverse e.g. iphone case, if there was the option to hit 'print' and that was it straight to the printer, I think people would do it.....