Close

Threaded View

Technician
    I'm still trying to discover what's going on here. It's plainly not an issue for most users but it's really bugging me! I use many forums and have never see this behaviour before. It's also inconsistent: some posts get displayed reasonably well but others are virtually unreadable. For example this is what my ipad screen displays now when checking a thread I started.

WeirdFormating.jpg

That thin line of text continues for several screens. The embedded images are not shown. The full text is not shown. Yet the post before is OK.

Yet my iPhone and PC display both correctly. So does my wife's Android phone. However, as described earlier, I've had similar displays on my PC, just not so extreme. And a factor with those seems to be whether images were present.

And it arises in all threads I've so far seen. For example, I'm trying to read 'stickies', all of which look like this:

WeirdFormatStickie.jpg

My obvious work-around is to avoid this site when using my iPad. But apart from the inconvenience, I obsess over unsolved puzzles of this sort!

So if anyone here has an iPad and a few minutes to spare I'd appreciate feedback please.

And it would be good if one of the moderators could also raise it with the site developer please.

EDITED: This demonstrates the erratic and inconsistent aspect. I tried opening a 'weird' post in IE and that too was weird. Then I tried Chrome, which was OK. Opera was also OK. Then I tried IE again - and that was now OK!

Terry, UK
    Last edited by terrypin; 03-12-2021 at 04:32 AM.