given that most printers are fairly new - there are very few 'most reliable' stats out there.

So you go by what's been used to build them.

Out of everything I mentioned the tenlogic is probably the best i3 around. It's the ONLY one I've seen that uses linear rails for all three axis.

As fara s branded products go. It's like everything else you are paying more for a brand name than for the actual product.

quick example I own a doogee android phone. cost £130
My mate owns a samsung that cost £350.
They are both identical specification, mine is thinner and looks better and has a larger battery capacity.

So as I said in another post a short while ago.
Buy a machine based on what it's made of and from and NOT because of a brand name.

My sapphire pro 2 is a £300 machine.
But it's better engineered and more solidly built than any other 3d printer Ive ever seen (and I've seen thousands).

As our cheif forum system upgrader Autowiz says: buy a machine based on the solidity of the frame - you can change everything else.

I - while agreeing about the mechanical solidity aspext, prefer to use the parts that come with machines.
So I look at the electronics as well as the frame.

I've got 6 3d printers, only one is scheduled for a new board and screen. It cost £80 brand new and came with a board and screen setup that is virtually unuseable.
The rest, while cheaper than english chips - is pretty functional.

autowiz has the same machine and has rebuilt the entire thing to the point that I'm not sure if any part of it is still original.

So I'll recommend machines that I expect t work well as they come.

I try not to recommend something that will need new bits before you even switch it on.

So if you are an iphone or mac user - go for the really expensive branded product - there's no logic or reason for it. But people seem to think it's a good idea.

Me I look at what something is made from and what it's capabilities are and I base my choices on that.