Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    You're really missing the point.
    1) the robin has it's own propriatary 3.5 touch screen that connects with a ribbon cable. If you use this screen - great screen. Then the wifi module plugs into the board itself.
    2) My module is connected and FULLY working - as is my 3.5 tft touchscreen.

3) when you connect to the router (which is what it basically is) this is the screen you get:

And that's ALL you get.

So what I need is a 'website' or 'webview' html to upload to the router to actually make it useful.

IT IS CONNECTED AND WORKING (lol)

I just have no idea how to do anything useful with it.

I just can't find any literature on what you have to do next.
    I do know that with the mini delta (malyan setup) you could change the webview by uploading html and that would give you a better interface.

I don't want to have to go thorugh a raspberry pi.

There really should bhe a way to just upload a file to the sdcard via the network.

4) I do not need any other hardware, the screen is great thje wifi and networking are WORKING.

So if you could step away from the 'must upgrade' impulse and have a think about what you do when you get to the point where it actually works. That would be great :-)

This is the module I have:

As far as I can tell it's the latest version.

There are thousands of posts telling you how to connect the bloody thing. But absolutely nothing I can find that tells you what to do afterwards.

Oh yeah if i connect directly to the wifi network the module generates (use my phone) I get EXACTLY the same green screen.

Oh yeah - there is a phone app: mks cloud app.
    You have to sideload it - BUT it is in CHINESE ONLY :-(
    And i have to admit my written mandarin is a little sketchy.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-05-2021 at 08:01 AM.