Quote Originally Posted by SRG-3D View Post
Hi As you can see from my entries to help I'm learning about this great new venture into 3D printing. Your comments on the first layer settings of Z-Axis, nozzle temp and layer thickness is something I'd like to learn more on how to try out the suggestions. I have as said placed glass on platter (its just picture frame glass not etched or ribbed but very smooth which makes for a very shiny smooth bottom but it is not that good for sticking when the Nozzle climbs high on model and pressure is put on the top making the bottom come away from the glass) I guess I could grain the glass up with some wet and dry sand paper but not sure if that will allow it cleaning of residue!

Still this idea of setting the temp and stickyess on first layers how do you do that in the settings is that something that needs manual adjustment just as its starting and then turning it back to operational for the models> can you advise and any suggestions and where this etched glass platter can be obtained for a 235 x235mm platter would be much appreciated.

Hi and thanks for the informed offer of advice.

I have now tried the manual settings when the Nozzle and platter start to warm and that made some difference but not a great deal.

So I then took your advice and took a greater look at the Slicer and what a difference it makes. Set the Brim and Raft and the temps, size and speeds and it started to produce lovely results. I also cut a picture frame glass of 3mm to 235x235 and set the nozzle head up across the platter with the Steppers disabled and it has made an improvement also.

This little machine for £100 odd is splendid and am now making attachments for the frame using Tinkercad to hold the cables in a more tidy and unobtrusive way and will move on to more challenging models. Thanks for the help.