Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's good advice - the best way is to not buy a deliberately flawed printer in the first place.

That said - I help a lot of ender owners, and have more or less given up trying to explain what's wrong with most creality printer designs as creality sponsors hundreds of youtubers and sometimes you have to admit you've lost the battle and try and fight a different war :-)

So yes the whole ender range are deliberately poorly designed. This saves creality a few dollars that they put towards their marketing strategy - and it's made them a LOT of money.
    Yes the printers do work, after a fashion, not well - but if you print slowly enough they will do the job.

Simply because a LOT of a particular printer are sold - does not make them a printer actually worth buying.

That said, yeah it was kind of pointless telling someone who'd already bought a printer not to buy one :-)
    I don't do that anymore.

And I did actually offer other advice i the same thread that wasn't just 'throw it away and get something else'.

Ender 3 owners can be more than a little bit acerbic when you suggest they didn't buy the owrld's greatest 3d printer.

So I apologise for giving the wrong advice - but if you are offended by actual facts, then you're probably in the wrong forum.
    We're not a collection of single machine fanatics or paid up fanboys here.
    If it doesn't work or should have been designed better - we'll probably mention it at some point ;-)

We do genuinely try and give good advice on a HUGE variety of printers and processes.

Given that the number of: 'I've just bought a printer and it doesn't work' threads posted by ender owners outnumbers similiar threads by ALL other printer types, is a pretty good indication that something is rotten in the state of creality-land. And I find that incredibly frustrating that people are still buying these things.
    So while I do try to ignore this and give the best advice I can, occasionally the frustration will show through.

I'm not being paid by anyone, my help if offered free and as is.
    I've got 5 3d printers that cover the 4 main designs: i3, delta, corexy and cartesian and as such have a lot of experience across most aspects of FDM printing. So I try to help as many people as I can.

And that's all I can do.

@jdvass
    If you've got an issue with something I said - feel free to contact me, I don't get upset and throw personal insults at people. If you have a sensible argument about something and I'm wrong. I'll admit it and change my mind.
    How else do we learn ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.