I think this thread got hijacked near the end here.

My recommendation to you, would be to get a resin printer, I have both FDM (regular filament) and resin printers, I use both to make parts, actual end use parts whenever I can, a lot of times it's to make something temporary until a replacement can be gotten, but it keeps equipment running, so that's all we need.

Regular filament printers will almost never come out looking like you want, the amount of fine tuning, orientation, trial and error, material settings and especially support are an absolute nightmare for smaller parts with intricate details, small surface areas or smaller overhangs, the printer will do great on flats and bridges but when you do a little section with a smaller surface area, it's too hot.

I started using resin about 5 months ago and I love it, it's some more post processing a lot of times, sanding and painting if you want but the part will come out EXACTLY like the object you drew up in your software, apart from printing failures of course, there's no visible layer lines, overhangs print great and the parts are 100% solid, waterproof. Sand it, paint it and it will look like the original if done properly.

Also, as mentioned already, scanners are not that great from what I've heard, you'll need to get effecient with 3D software to do anything worthwhile, Blender is a free software with a steep learning curve, I use Sketchup PRO and 3D Studio Max, that pretty much handles all my organic and inorganic modelling needs.