I bought an x-max from the used market, from the previous owner who was having extrusion problems. I've not been able to duplicate the problem, which makes me all the happier for getting the printer at one-fifth retail value!

Leveling is mostly manual, but assisted by the firmware. Three adjustment points; one front left, one front right, one rear centered. Use the slide-the-paper trick for each three, then the nozzle moves to bed center and you slide the paper there as well. it's been working great.

The fully enclosed chamber is quite good for ABS. The door is left open for PLA and the cabinet fans kick in for PLA, which is rather noisy.

The build size is quite large, but I don't know how it compares to the Creator.

I would have liked the architecture to be a bit more open, to allow me to use Octoprint, but from a price standpoint, I can't complain too much. I've had to contact their support team a couple times and the response is good, even though I'm not the original owner. I've been told by support that there is no comprehensive documentation, which is a disappointment. I either have to send an email with a question, or hope I can find a reference on the 'net regarding the circumstances.

The dual hot-end swap arrangement means high temp filaments like nylon can be printed, with a strong likelihood of success. The magnetic print bed is handy, although I have to realize that at 100 °C, it's still hot right after the print is done! The sheet is PEI on one side and a Buildtak material on the other, another bonus.