Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
Alright buddy it has been a while, how fast can you reliably print with the MMU2S? In the beginning I thought we would have higher feedrates because of a literal dual drive from the MMU and the extruder but that is just not how it works. After the filament gets fed to the extruder the MMU goes to neutral and it is just and only the extruder motor pulling the filament through all the ptfe tubing and the mmu. I am on the fence between going with a volcano equivalent hotend and a 0.6mm nozzle because i have a large format printer connected to mine but IDK how fast I will be able to draw filament into the extruder. So what do you think from playing with yours? Do you feel like it could feed fast enough to warrant the extra melt zone for larger nozzles and layer heights or do you get the vibe that it will always be a slow printing thing??
I haven't tried anything beyond normal print speeds. Actually haven't printed anything on the MMU setup since the first print, been busy with other stuff. Ordered some filament so once that arrives I'll be doing more testing.

I've had 0.6 mm nozzle on the MK2.5S before MMU-setup and with normal print speeds PETG printed fine. Also 0.8 mm for some larger CF prints, worked without issues. But with MMU, not sure how much extra drag it would cause. I don't think it's noticeable unless going for speeds that are already straining the limits of the extruder setup. If you have a extruder with some gearing ratio, like Titan or BMG, I think the Bondtech gears and the extruder are capable of quite fast speeds as long as the heater block is beefy enough. The default MK2.5S doesn't have any gearing so the torque will limit the speeds. Personally I don't print fast, the regular speeds are fine for me. For larger prints I usually just use larger nozzle and layers, 0.6 mm nozzle and 0.25-0.4mm layers is a good compromise between speed and detail.