Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's a hundred times better.
    Maybe more lol

Seriously I have yet to find anything mine will not do.
    I've been throwing things at it that none of other printers I have, will reliable print - and it just powers through them all.
    The more I use it the more I can't figure out why everyone isn't making them.
    I guess the sheer build quality means companies get a lot less profit out of one than they do out of somthing like an ender3.

I noticed that the company twotrees latest printer is a creality style design i3 and a lot of people are having problems with it.
    They do make a better machine - the sapphire plus. The printbed is more solidly mounted and the build volume is a good bit bigger and it comes already configured as a direct drive extruder.
    But their newest machine - the blue - isn't half as good as the sapphire pro, let alone the plus.

Like I said - nothing needs upgrading or should in the future.
    The electronics are top notch, the hardware is super solid, the actual operation is silent. The only sound is the retractions of the extruder.

I've done a few pretty simple modifications and changed to a different firmware as the one it came with was corrupted.
    And I can't think of anything else the needs doing.

Pretty much the only slightly tricky part of the build is getting the belts as tight as possible. They still don't 'feel' tight - but the printer's performance proves they clearly are tight enough.
    The way the printhead moves around with both stepper motors always working together, just seems to keep the head exactly where it should be without needing really tight belts.

Yeah the build volume is 235x235x220. Not the largest around but plenty big enough for 99% of everything most people would want to print.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-13-2020 at 11:49 AM.