Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    With the aftermarket metal idler arm installed with the bowden fitting screwed in the filament is held slightly off of its optimal angle and is prone to skipping or if I tighten it down enough it will just kink the filament before feeding it down. I swapped the plastic idler arm in to print those large parts with the single filament and as soon as i put the other idler arm back in I'm back to the skipping. I need an extruder i can feed a bowden tube into. I already started down the path of no expense spared with the genuine HIWIN rails and PRUSA MMU2S instead of clone parts so I have resolved this extruder problem in that same fashion and did like I said I was gonna do. Today I have ordered the Mosquito hotend from Slice engineering along with a 24v fan, 24v 50 watt heater cartridge, thermistor, vanadium 0.6mm nozzle, and BondTech BMG-M extruder. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside about this new extruder setup and can't wait to change a nozzle with just one hand. This new extruder setup costs more than some printers. But it is fitting and the correct part for the machine I built. Gotta treat my robot right. I ordered my parts directly from BondTech, here: https://www.bondtech.se/en/
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 09-12-2020 at 01:23 PM.