Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    should work - the limit is set in the firmware.
    Most basic hotends will do 270c for short-ish periods.
    But often the firmware limits them to 240-250c to extend the life of the hotend.

I've printed up to 265 on my delta and i noticed that the configuration file for the sapphire pro 2 - had the mas temp listed as 285c.
    As the only thing I'm likely to want to print at that temp is polycarbonate - I doubt I'll go that high - also not totally convinced the ptfe tube would take it for long print runs.
    But it is different ptfe to my usual stuff - so you never know.
    The official two trees config file actually lists max temp as 290c. But the custom firmware I'm using has it set at 285.

Yeah a second stepper motor would be my preferred choice. I just thought the 1 into 2 conversion was a neat compromise :-)
    But for the extra weight of a direct drive - then a second stepper would be my choice.

YOu can - of course - also make your own - fair few options on thingiverse - here's one for the two screws one stepper solution: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4245954

what mother board is your machine using ?

What is the highest temperature I can use on a stock Ender 3?Searching in this subreddit and around the Internet does not really give a conclusive answer to this question.Thing is that I would like my hand at printing ABS ... but am afraid of melting any PTFE tubing (and releasing obnoxious gasses). Would I have to change to a all metal hot end first?