i've been having this issue with a brand new BTT SKR 1.1 board. the issue is somethings overheating.
i've tried cheap chinese SD cards, new legit much faster Samsung SD cards thinking the read error had to do with that. But when i moved my control board fan just a bit it suddenly works fine again.
i didnt feel anything hot but i didn't completely finger the board. TMC drivers and STM32F4 ARM chip were warm but not (ouch that's friggen hot). maybe the problem cooled down within the 30 or so seconds it took me to probe it.
all my electronics have been upgraded from the original crap except for the steppers and switches, but i dont see them as a problem.
the control board however i've never used before. i always bought the same MKS base 1.4 board when one inevitably died on me. never have i had an issue with cooling on then. After the switch i've had more problems than its worth.
next board i get will likely be a duet because of their expand ability.

holly crap your steppers were 110-145F ? in my 6 years of 3d printing that's NOT normal. mine are always Luke-warm never hot even after 12 hour prints.. your drivers are feeding too much power to the steppers and need adjusting.