Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
Nice. Interested to see how the color mixing works. I tried it on my clone cyclops hotend with varying results, at least some PLAs weren't mixing, but resulted in a more 'toothpaste' type extrusion. Apparently PETG should mix better, but I didn't try ir, the hotend had too much issues and I didn't have anough patience with it...

About slicers: for MMU2S I think PrusaSlicer is probably the easiest to start with since it the multi-material support is written MMU2S in mind. S3D is harder to get working, at least on my setup where I need to use post-processing sw to add the actual tool change gcode after slicing.
For color mizing I don't know any slicer that supports it. For my tests I wrote a short python port-processor to add the mixing ratio commands per layer.
I am not sure how to make them mix. But i understand we must load translucent filaments for the mixing colors. magenta, cyan, and yellow but all translucent. And I saw a place in marlin 2.0.5.3 to enable mixing extruders which i haven't yet. That kinda sucks about the slicers not supporting the mixing but honestly that is ok for now i guess. one at a time is good to start with. I just read all this here and took off in that direction: https://reprap.org/wiki/Diamond_Hotend

Did you get your MMU2S yet?