Sorry, I meant the x carriage. I had a problem with the blobs coming out that I traced to the x carriage bouncing up and down because I'd installed a direct drive upgrade for my printer and not tightened those wheels. In the same vein, did you recalibrate esteps/mm on your e & z when you upgraded? If you decide to re calibrate z, try to measure from the frame on the left, if you measure from the bed, the bed has springs that will go up and down to throw you off.

I've spent something like $150 on Ender 3 upgrades, it still doesn't work. Would recommend against it if you actually want to 3d print. It's a good "beginner" printer in the sense that if you want to give 3d printing a shot to see if you can do it and it's useful to you, you can buy one and print little cats and cups and then when the novelty has worn off you can toss it in the corner of the garage and forget about it without feeling too guilty about having bought a $700 towel rack. It just starts to fail hard as you move to printing anything other than pla, or anything requiring lots of retraction. The silver lining though is that I have gotten kind of good at trouble shooting 3d printer problems, much better than I ever wanted, simply because the ender 3 will encounter just about every single problem a printer can have and then create some new ones. Speaking of which, you'll have to excuse me, I have to spend an entire Saturday poking at my stepper motors with oscilloscope probes because my wonderful ender 3 has developed a horrible stutter that only surfaces during z leveling, which as far as I can tell has never been documented before.