I have thought about backing a few printers, but they all just seem the same. I agree with 3DEP, they aren't that innovative, just tweaks that are purely subjective. They are all using the same few electronic boards, stepper motors, switches and software. They give the same results, but a touted as being better then the rest.

I thought about the Kossel Pro, missed the deadline, bullet dodged. Built my own for the same price, only because I was learning how to source parts and how to deal with all the different aspects to put things together, like the arduino environment, Repetier, the different slicers, step calculations.

What Kickstarters do is take all that out of your hands and give you a turnkey solution - supposedly.

I still believe that the disconnect is in troubleshooting and fixing small and big issues that come up. Things like adjusting the power on the trimpots to why won't my print stick to the plate.

Kickstarters should focus on software for printers. That's my opinion and I think I got off topic.