@DrLuigi - I've been looking for a full metal hot end, the one I got in a hurry which will do for the interim is a standard J Head with peek insulator, it cost me £13 which I found good. I don't like paying the hyper inflated prices that people are putting on their products just to make a quick profit. I've had a look at the Geeetech which is nice and the G3D Buda looks to be the one, I can get that for just over £40 on eBay Buy It Now or possibly less as they run an auction on them too. Did you mean the G3D when you said the E3D ? I've not seen the E3D or perhaps I'm missing something.

I've have a nice design for one but I need a laser cutter to make a part and a lathe to make another, the lathe isn't a problem as such, I have a modelling lathe in my workshop but I've not been able to afford a laser cutter yet. There is a lovely one being sold as a kit in the US http://www.emissiontechnologies.com/ I also have a small cnc that I built to make pcb's but it wouldn't be powerful enough to cut metal, or at least it would take a very long time taking it out a mm at a time. It's a shame I'm retired, my job was a programmer/setter/operator on a 5 axis cnc, that would do the job fine