Close

Threaded View

Technician
    Yes! I'm back in business. I dug around this forum a little and found a link to a video about replacing the thermistor. It wasn't exactly like mine, of course, but it was enough to show me what it was so I could find mine. Mine doesn't have a screw - it's held in place with Kapton tape and I apparently pulled it loose last time I changed the nozzle. So I fixed that and I went from stringy weak prints to solid weak prints. I had a serious under extrusion problem. That was why I changed the nozzle to start with. I thought it was a problem that progressively got worse - apparently it was 2 separate problems. I finally figured out that the filament feeder was slipping. No noise - no indication except when I looked closely I could see that the follower with no teeth was not always moving. I took it apart and cleaned and oiled and got my first good print in about 2 weeks. Thanks for the help. I'll be sticking around because I know there will be more issues. I don't know how much help I will be to others, but I'll put my 2 cents in when I can.
    Attached Images Attached Images