Close

Threaded View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Both my 3D Printers run with a dual Z in parallel now for 3 years with no problems.
    Do not like the ideal of twice the current though, if I designed the circuit would had wired them in series.

I have been thinking about my MPCNC it used X & E0 for X and Y & E1 for Y to drive stepper motors.
    I want to change this and leave the E0 & E1 for Other purposes.

I have two ideals

1st - Can I wire two Stepper Motor modules to the same pins leaving the 4 pins connections to each Stepper motor separate.
    This way I would have a separate Stepper motor module for each stepper motor and reversing JP3 connections would reverse the stepper direction.

a4988-stepper-motor-driver-equivalent-circuit_orig-2.jpg
    Attached is a a4988 Driver module If connections were made to both drivers exactly the same on JP4.
    Could I wire the two JP3 connections too two separate Stepper motors & even be able to reverse the connections to reverse the direction of turn, or will this overload the Arduino Mega 2560.

2nd - Wire the Stepper motors is series or parallel with a single stepper motor Driver module.

Not trying to steal your post, was hopping I could solve both with this simple post.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 05-13-2020 at 07:54 PM.