Being a complete beginner with no previous experience so no idea what the G code looks like.
I put MatterControl on my computer and connected it via USB. The MatterControl could not find the printer using the connection wizard to get a profile.

Anyway thanks for trying to help, but I can't get any help from TwoTrees customer service and having no knowledge of getting a printer to work I've decided that this particular printer needs too much time trouble shooting and is probably faulty anyway.

Banggood don't seem inclined to honour their return warranty and having looked on Trust Pilot there are nearly a fifth of all reviews only giving them one star and complaining about not being able to return things to Banggood.
It's now dismantled and back in its packaging and in the For Sale section as perhaps a project for someone.

If no one wants it I'll see if I can donate it to a local school or colledge.

I expected to have to tinker, but I thought it would at least work if only in a poor way.

Hopefully my Ultimaker will arrive tomorrow and at least then I'll have some customer service and back up.