Quote Originally Posted by martinf1977 View Post
Hi.

Looking at those calibration patterns - Isn't that what is described in the instructions (referring to the "square" here)
Quote:
Q:When calibrating I see an open book shape rather than a square.

A: We have seen this happen with some computer / monitor power supplies, try using a cell phone charger (500ma or greater) or plugging in to a different power source.

Maybe some issues can be resolved here with an external/different power-supply.?

Looking forward to seeing more prints. Keep up the good work

Kind regards
Martin - Really depressed that I only heard of this Kickstarter last week. Looking forward to web-shop opening to the rest of us.
That is exactly correct. That part of the instructions is describing the diamond shape of my "square". You can fix it with a external power supply or in the software, or both!

Don't be depressed or down because you just found the project. Right now is the perfect time to join the forum! The betas are getting their printers and the updates should be really exciting from here on in. Ultimately, we are all waiting for the public release at the end of the year-ish anyway. That is when the printers will be a little more standard and the design a little more finalized and the hacks will start rolling in.