Close

Hybrid View

A "Post-Scarcity Economy" and a Utopia are 2 different things.
    Man will never lead to Utopia because man hates his creator, and mans selfishness and pride believes that he can create for himself a better god than the one that he already has. When man has created the god that he wants, he will reap the fruits of his labor because his god will see him as a problem and decide that the answer is man's destruction.

You see, man is not able to create a machine that can love.Only the real God can love and define it. No other god in history has done ---->

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Staff Engineer
    Hiram, I'd say you're getting off topic... But well, you aren't really. The word "Utopia" brings up all kinds of other sticky subjects right from the beginning that probably didn't need to be discussed on a technology board in the first place.

In general, I find the concept of a Utopia to be anathema to morality. If there is no choice that can be made but the "right" one, there is no longer a choice being presented. Without the freedom to make a wrong choice, one cannot give value to making the right choice, they instead become automatons. By comparison, a post-scarcity economy still requires choices to be made, skills to be developed, and work to be done, if only of the creative variety. People would still have drama, but the likes of which make our current First World Problems look daunting by comparison.

As for mankind hating God... Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself when I say that the more I learn about the universe through science, the more I love the mysterious force that who brought it all into being. If someday we solve every mystery, science will not make the god you fear so much, but it will find the same one you believe in.