@Bill

If I print in some PLA's or ABS they literally are stuck like glue to the platform for few mins while it cools down. If you try and rip them off, you can de-level your printbed, and have to level all over again.

Those thumb screws underneath, you only need to remove pressure on one of them for the bolt to literally unscrew itself, bit by bit it slowly will make the level off, and man do I hate levelling my build plate...

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
Geoff I noticed you said in the past that you only use kapton for the build plate, can you share where you are purchasing yours? I know you do a lot of raftless prints and I would like to head in that direction. I've already removed my stock kapton because it wasn't installed properly.
I bought it direct from ff3dp.com

it cost around $17 from memory. Its the perfect size and you just cut the length to the hotbed length and keep the rest on the roll.

Remember putting contact on your books back in school? same deal but alot harder because you can't bend the hotplate to assist in removing bubbles,so when you put new tape on, like a phone protective screen you need to nudge it with a card or something to make sure there are no bubbles - there must be no bubbles or wrinkles obviously, or it will affect the print.

First time? it took me 4 goes hahaha and I wasted 80cm of the roll, but its a 3 meter roll, so plenty left for that price.