Close

Threaded View

Lighting and Z axis problems

Hi,
    Having finally battled my way through the dreaded Captcha I'm pleased to join this very useful Forum.

I found my way here for two reasons
    1. The 'blue light' had gone out after an accidental 'Factory Reset' and there's no option on the printer to turn it back on again and
    2. The Z-axis is too 'high' so the adjustment screws need to be almost completely unscrewed to level the bed - again no option for altering the Z axis zero.
    The problem here (and I think it's relevant to many of the problems users are having) is that the bed floats too much and the slightest touch alters the levelling so the print fails.

Both these problems are solved by downloading Replicator G.
    I'm not allowed to post links so I'll try to fudge
    thingiverse dot com slash thing colon 32084 slash files

Connect to printer, (you'll have to find the right COM port) then select "Replicator Dual (Sailfish)" as the machine type.
    There's a menu option underneath the "Machine" menu called Onboard preferences.
    On the extreme right of the tabs is 'Lighting'
    There's a checkbox 'Show heating progress by changing the lighting color' which should be ticked.
    Under that is 'Lighting color during idle or printing' Select 'Blue' and that's fixed.

Opening a GCode window lets you reset the zero on the Z axis to a more sensible level so there's some compression on the bed springs !

Hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by muddledsteve; 11-15-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: error !