Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Often the best information is on the ebay listings. Most have a lot of info is you scroll down. also there is a weirdly name website that has a LOT of information.
    And nope - I haven't bookmarked it on this machine - must be on the house pc. I'll post it next time I use that one.

All the boards I have and have played with have a whole bunch of unlabelled pins that i have absolutely no idea what they do.
    Not sure how you add extra extruders. Only board I have that has labelled second extruder sockets are the mighty boards on the rep clones.
    The fact that these particular i3's use two z axis motors probably doesn't help :-)

But like I said saw a bunch of hi-end boards at tct that are trying to horn in on the duet's market.
    Didn't really register who wa smaking or selling as they're way out of my budget.

The mks sbase is a lot bigger physically than the mks base 15.
    Right the base 1.5 has 2 extruder sockets - but only one z axis socket.
    Presumably you can use an extruder socket for a z axis.
    It also has 12 pins whose usage I have absolutely no clue and could never find any details on.
    Right I'll dig out the sbase.
    Well that has the same labelled layout and about 40 unlabelled pins some in ranks of 4 some in sets of 6 - i have no idea what they are for.
    The sbase also have upgraded components all round. It wasn't that pricey - but worth the money i think.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Smoothiew...AAAOSwpQpbTteh

Dunno what stepper drivers it has - but they are hardwired. So not exchangeable.

But definitely recommend smoothieware. Particularly if you plan on adding extra heads in the future.

That's the chap :-)

Just discivered a thing called Marlin configurator - looks like more fun than mucking about with arduino ide: https://github.com/akaJes/marlin-config/releases
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-07-2018 at 11:22 AM.