Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    As everyone has said, the clicking is due to it not getting enough grip on the filament and if this keeps going on the filament shaves itself off and then basically wont come out.

There are two blockages tho.. There is filament not gripping and there also possibility of a blockage in the nozzle due to a small particle (it happens..)

Before I pull anything apart, I usually get a thin safety pin, hold it with some pliers... heat it up till its glowing red and then stick it up the nozzle.

Failing that, pull the fan off and the covering on the extruder and clean out all this mess, you will probably see the filament is pretty chewed inside but if you clean out the gear it should hopefully get traction again. My hobbed gear is quite thin, lots of little blades that when they get clogged yeah,it can be a pain. I get my hobbyknife and slice along the grain to remove all the rubbish, generally sorts it out. If your gear becomes worn, you can always shift it back or forward a bit and use another section

Last edited by Geoff; 04-09-2014 at 10:04 AM.