There seems to be a few variety?s of mk10 nozzles. Some have 4mm for ptfe, some have 1.75mm and others 3mm for running filament through it with best heat transfer. All mk10?s have 7mm thread. Other than the threads being shorter and the nozzle being more flat they?re mostly identical to the mk8. Measuring mk8?s I have 1.94mm for filament in and mk10?s I have 1.85 which seems to be smoother and feeds better. The taper on the nozzle is really irrelevant other than it may cause some additional cooling at the tip where the flatter tapers seem to be more consistent heat throughout. Using a 100% copper block you will Get very nice prints. Run Capricorn right up to the nozzle and use titanium for throats and you won?t have to deal with clogging either. Asked Olsson if they intended to make an mk10 threaded tip and they were fairly rude and demeaning about it. Personally I think mk10?s are better and would be a great tip if made from fine silver and used a ruby tip. Don?t see anyone paying $200 for a nozzle anytime soon. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
The newer nozzles also have an M6 thread, the older ones have an M7x1 thread. I forget exactly when the change took place. I have a last gen FFCX... still has the M7x1 thread...