Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so are there any actual pictures of the machine ?
    Or in fact of anything :-)

And while you're here, presumably you've done a bit of research into arduino type boards to run these things.

I've got a 2.5watt laser, with a little daughter board.
    Apparently I need to plug two 2 pin plugs into the two sockets on the board to run the laser. The board on my current laser engraver won't do it - no way no how - also doesn't have the power to run it directly (tried).
    Looking around I can't find anything else that will take 2 2pin plugs (2 3 pin plugs, not a problem). To be fair I don't really knoiw what I'm looking for or whether I can use three pin plugs with just 2 wires.

Just want a laser engraver board that will run grbl and has 2 2pin sockets for a 12v laser.
    my laser: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Focusable...8AAOSwwz5aqkmF

It's a bit annoying.

Filled in the survey :-)

One criteria for a desktop cnc machine would be that it fit on a smallish desktop. I have no permament space for one. One reason I put an aluminium base on my laser engraver - it can now sit on top of things. 'course it can't engrave anything at the moment as I am laser-less. Got a cheap 1 watt 5 volt one hopefully arrving next week, but would really love to use my 2.5watt job. There are a lot of them being sold - so someone somewhere must make a board that works with them. I just don't really know what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-22-2018 at 05:34 AM.