So, the frame. Following parts are needed for basic cube (download here: https://github.com/spegelius/Dollo/t...ong_ties/STL):
- corner.stl x4
- extention.stl (should be extension?) x 20

For attaching the parts together, these are needed:
- bow_tie.stl x 112 (my calculation may be off, but print a shitload )
- long_tie_split.stl x less than bow_ties but still a shitload. Alternatively print long_tie.stl, but the split version is bit more forgiving if the dimensions are too tight

Materials (my preferences, other materials can be used but I haven't tested):
- corner: PLA
- extention: PLA
- bow_tie: PETG or PLA
- long_tie: PETG or PLA

I prefer PETG for the ties because it forgives bit more when part dimensions are off for some reason. On the previous frame I literally hammered couple of PLA ties to the extension grooves so tight that I had to extract them by cutting the out.

Slicer software: I use Prusa Slic3r 1.38.6 and will use it until all parts are done. Not going to be changing things mid-project. I wanted to use KISSlicer 1.62 but it has problems with certain models with errors and don't have time to sort that out. KISS has nice adaptive layer-height feature, but it's a nice-to-have in the scope of this project.
Printers: Prusa MK2 and FrankenCube

Print settings. There are few things to note here, but in general nothing too fancy.
For all parts:
- perimeter first. In my experience the parts are more accurate dimensionally. Overhangs suffer, but meh.
- make sure your printer prints straight. Any slanting will of course translate to the printer frame
- have your printer extrusion, fan, retraction etc. tuned; better print quality, less problems during build
- in general the quality doesn't have to be top notch as long as the dimensions are ok and parts are strong
- brim depends on your bed adhesion

Corner:
- 3x perimeter
- 3-5 bottom/top layers
- 20% infill
- use supports and brim, this is somewhat challenging print
- I've printed these up to 0.3mm layer height, but the quality leaves need for post processing. 0.2mm is a safe bet.

Extention:
- 2x perimeter
- 3-5 bottom/top layers
- 0.3mm layer, no
- 10-15% infill
- no supports, assuming your printer does good bridging
- these are quite sturdy pieces even when printing at moderate settings

Ties:
- 2x perimeter
- 4-5 bottom/top layers
- x infill. The parts are too small to have any infill, so in essence they'll be printed 100%

Printing order; first print couple of extentions. Then print one bow_tie and long_tie. See how well the ties fit inside the extention groove. It'll probably be too tight, so got back to the slicer SW and scale the ties in X-direction to 95%. Reprint the scaled ties and testa again. Repeat until the ties are almost possible to insert by hand. Personally I leave them tight enough to need small rubber mallet to help them along.
Now you have the scaling factor for the ties, so it is a good idea to print a coupe of shitloads of them. At least. It's nice to have multiple printers for this .

Post printing:
- remove brim and supports if any
- remove any blobs or other print artifacts if any
- if there's some deformations like buildup on seam, use file to even those out. Especially around the tie grooves
- beweling the edges of the tie grooves helps during assembly

Assembly: this should be quite self explanatory, but I'll leave some pics here for now. If needed, I can provide some explanation later.

Pictures in Dropbox for now, seem I cannot upload pics here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/03w07glrn...K7SYqADia?dl=0