Control board is a Mks Sbase, chosen purely for the reason it has software settable driver current and was the cheapest board I could find with this feature. The SD card based text file config is another bonus for making tuning and setup easier.

The motors are the cheapest NEMA 17s I could find off aliexpress, hotend is an e3d v6 clone from the same place. No endstops because that's part of why I needed software settable driver current (the other part is no fiddling with trimpots). If I'm missing something please tell me because I forgot to order it then :P. PSU if you're wondering is one of the cheap LED PSUs off aliexpress, 120 watts which is plenty for what I'm using and could probably handle a small heated bed. My solidoodle 2 has a 100W power brick and runs a 150x150 heated bed.

I'm not using a heated bed because I couldn't find 100mm diameter heatbeds, the smallest I found was 160/170 or so. Actually, I found one on ebay but it was ridiculously expensive and I'm pushing my budget as it is at the moment. I'm also building a CNC at the same time to mill the bed for this printer and just cause I've wanted to build one for ages for projects.