Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Depends. anything under about 20 minutes usually use usb cable. Otherwise sd card.
    loading to the sd card might take 3 seconds :-)

These days i usually leave the usb cable unconnected unless specifically printing something. reason being, even if it's printing from the sd card - if i start or shutdown the computer the printer reboots and stops printing. Bloody annoying, so 90% is from sd card with printer unconnected by usb.

No wheels. Hoping they'll arrive before the new motherboard and the mosfets.

On another note entirely. Got a roll of Vanish - soluble filament this week.
    So rather than expose the whole reel to the atmosphere, plus with all the stuff i got at tct. Needed some new spools for shorther lengths of filament.

0.4 layer height, 100mm/s :-)
    I'll upload the design to thingiverse in a bit - just want to check that 0.8mm is strong enough for the bottom rim, might have to up it to 1.2. You can't tell till you start to wrap the filament round it.

100mm central cylinder so you don't have to bend the filament too much when wrapping.
    Take an hour and a half to print and 30 gms of plastic.
    Should easy take 50 metres of filament. locking holes at top, and holes at bottom for loose end.
    Tempted to add holes in the top to cut down on plastic usage. N idea how well that would work, guess I'll have to suck it and see :-)

Using clear pla got from amazon £12 a kg delivered.
    Bloody good stuff !
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-19-2017 at 11:20 AM.